UK, North West Blog

Tuesday, 2 May 2017

The Best Of Liz Earle

Ingredients: Beeswax, Eucalyptus Essential Oil, Glycerin, Hops Extract, D-Panthenol, Cocoa Butter, Rosemary Essential Oil/Extract, Chamomile Essential Oil/Extract (further details)

The cleanse & polish is my no.1 item within my Liz Earle stash. I use it both morning and evening and even when I feel like my skin needs an extra clean from makeup or if I have had a busy day and I can feel my makeup becoming heavy. I love this product so much I even have a stash of mini's I have collected for travelling or for those 'at the point of crying' moments when I've realised I don't have any back-up tubes. It's such a gentle cleanser that I can't find myself living without it. With most other cream cleansers I have tried, I have found they irritate my skin and can sometimes be too heavy against my combination skin. However, if you suffer with acne or problematic skin like me, this cleanser has the right balance of all ingredients to help soothe your skin, fight against spots and plus, it can also work as a makeup remover which is a double bonus for your money!

Ingredients: Geranium Essential Oil, Aloe Vera, Glycerin, Propolis, Green Clay, Manuka Honey, White Clay (further details

The next product within my Liz Earle stash that I will likely grab if I find my skin needs some extra help in terms of controlling oil, shine and spots, is the deep cleansing mask. With the mixture of green and white clays these help to draw out impurities and absorb excess oil as well as absorb excess sebum and draw out any embedded impurities. I like to remove this mask with the sponges that are provided with it as I find they are gentle enough to continuously rub over the skin to remove the mask compared to the muslin cloths which can be quite abrasive. When the mask is removed my skin feels a lot tighter, cleaner and smoother as if all my impurities have been drawn out. I will normally use this every couple of weeks to help stop the clogging of my pores from makeup and to stop the build up of other products. 
Gentle Face Exfoliator
Ingredients: Beeswax, Eucalyptus Essential Oil, Glycerin, Jojoba Beads, Sweet Almond Oil, D-panthenol, Cocoa Butter (further details)

Between using my beloved face masks, I will occasionally go in with an exfoliator. Due to having acne-prone skin I tend to stay away from exfoliating as much as I can and I do try not to get too attached as I can find that I can overwork my skin and cause it to feel irritated. But when I do choose to use an exfoliator to help get rid of any impurities and dead skin cells, I will grab my gentle face exfoliator. What I like about this exfoliator compared to many others and besides the fact it states its gentle within the title, is that when you're rubbing this into the skin the beads are actually really gentle which I can find with a lot of other exfoliators that they can be abrasive, but once I've rinsed my face and removed all traces of the beads (side note: the beads within this exfoliator can be tedious to remove but will remove eventually) my skin doesn't look irritated which can be a common cause when having acne, but also that it leaves my skin silky smooth and helps let my moisturiser sink in so much better.

Ingredients: Geranium Essential Oil, Glycerin, Comfrey Extract, Borage Oil, West African Shea, D-panthenol (further details)

If I'm not going for my beloved deep treatment mask to help my skin, I will normally grab the intensive nourishing treatment mask. This mask is definitely for those days when your skin is really dry, looks dull and just isn't being as cooperative as you'd like it to be. Unlike other nourishing treatment products I have tried in the past which made my skin even oilier than it normally is, this has helped keep my skin at a good inbetween level of hydrating and oily. Normally when I look at products with the word 'nourishing' on them, to me, this can be daunting especially as they are meant to help boost your skin to stop dryness and with oily skin you can tend to look as tho you've smothered your face in olive oil. However, when my skin is dry and needs a little boost within the hydration department, I will pop this mask on for about 5-10 minutes, chill out and let it work its magic. The outcome? My oily, spotty skin isn't clogged but instead feels smoother, healthier and very hydrated without going over the top.
Let me know what products by Liz Earle are your favourite!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig