UK, North West Blog

Thursday, 2 February 2017

A Mini Review Of The Antipodes Hydration Duo


Recently on my quest to find the perfection moisturiser that balances the oiliness of my skin and the general dry patches I have been getting due to stress, I came across this duo on FeelUnique. This is the Antipodes Moisture Boost Duo. Within this duo travel sized kit you get the Antipodes Divine Face Oil and Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream. Perfect for on-go or even to test out before buying the full sized products.

On first glance I really liked the packaging. It looks fresh, organic and as though it is going to be really good for the skin. Both product packaging are hygienic and controllable to the amount you can get out of them. The oil is your typical serum/facial oil dispenser whilst the moisturiser is a squeezable tube, much like your average toothpaste product. Both easy to handle and mess free.

Antipodes Divine Face Oil: The first step to this duo is the Antipodes Divine Facial Oil. I've tried the Kiehl's Facial Oil in the past and didn't really like it, which kind of put me off the use of facial oils altogether. The antipodes one has a strong herbal like scent to it on application and easily dispenses your desired amount and dries quickly into the skin. It doesn't feel greasy to the touch and works well when combined with my other products.

Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream: The next step to this duo is the Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream. Again, much like the facial oil it has a strong herbal-like scent to it which I found would be the case when comparing it to the packaging, as it screams organic. The product dispenses really easily and feels quite thick to the touch. So even though this states it is a day cream I found it would work more so for the night time, as it is giving it chance to properly sink into the skin. On application I found it sinks really well into the skin and doesn't leave a greasy residue. However, what I did find with this moisturiser compared to my others is that as the hours started to go by my skin became more oilier which doesn't necessarily happen with my other moisturisers. This could be down to it reacting with my general oily skin or because my oily skin is getting too much hydration. Therefore, I would have to gently wipe down my face before going to sleep or applying anything on top, to ensure the oiliness didn't build up, which I found wasn't the case once I gave my face a gentle wipe down. 

Overall, if you are someone in desperate need of hydration for your dry skin or even issues like eczema I would recommend you give this duo a go. If you are like me and suffer with oily acne-prone skin I wouldn't recommend this duo to you, personally. I found it gave my skin too much hydration that the oiliness within my pores became hard to handle. 

Have you given this duo a try or even tried the products separately? What are your thoughts? Did any oily skinned girls out there have the same results with the moisturiser?

Penny
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig