UK, North West Blog

Thursday, 12 January 2017

Last Minute Night Away From Home Essentials


Over the past couple of months I have pretty much been making last minute plans to stay over night at my boyfriend or friends houses. These types of plans are always fun and exciting until you realise you don't have anything with you and you have college or plans the next day. No clothes, makeup, skincare... nada. Now, this may seem like a trivial type of situation to everyone else, but I am the type of person who will wake up with hair like I've been dragged through a bush and with skin that is prone to acne, I always have to make sure that I keep up with my skincare. I don't mind occasionally going out looking somewhat semi-decent, but most of the time I do feel much better when I am put together.

So, at Christmas came the perfect time to put this little stress of mine into a more peaceful situation, all thanks to my wonderful friend Laura-Jade. She kindly bought me as a Christmas present a Radley wallet and inside she had stuffed it with everything a girl would need for last minute planning. 


These essentials are the bare basics for any last minute plans, and I will note now that I forgot to include my cleanser which would be the trusty Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, they are amazing at including samples with their purchases so I have enough of these babies to keep me going for now, so if you do have a chance at grabbing any samples I would recommend doing so, as they come in handy for times like this! But now onto what I would pack for those last minute plans...

First up is a shampoo and conditioner. I've never tried Shu Uemura products before so I will be giving a review of this little sample sometime soon on my blog. But what I do know is, I can't live without washing my hair. I wash my hair almost 5 out of the 7 days a week, which isn't healthy but I have to keep up with those oily roots! So, if I feel like my hair is lacking lustre and volume to somewhat be deemed appropriate for the outside world, then a quick hop in the shower or bath and I am pretty much good to go.

Next up I would pack some form of a moisturiser. Cleansing and moisturising are two steps I would recommend you do the most out of the rest of your skincare routine, as not only is cleansing your skin a way of getting rid of the dirt in your pores but once the dirt has gone, you are then feeding your skin the vital nutrients it needs to stay hydrated. This Bioderma one I have packed is an intensive purifying care moisturiser great for acne-prone skin, which I have. So not only am I caring for my skin, but also helping it fight against my acne.


Next is, perfume. I don't know if anyone else feels the same as me, but if I can't smell some form of nice scent coming off myself I instantly feel sweaty an dirty. So whether it is a deodorant or perfume, I always have to take one with me everywhere I go. My perfume of choice this time is the Prada Candy perfume. This is a new find but when I first smelt it, I was in love. I'm very picky with my scents, but this one definitely sits at the top of my list with my beloved Carolina Herrera 212 VIP perfume.

Adding to my addiction with my hair and ensuring it looks its best at all times, is a trusty hair oil. I'm not one for being fussy in terms of hair treatments, but even my smallest of hair treatments is too big to fit within this tiny wallet, so of course I had to improvise. But what is great about this hair oil, is that even though it is a hair oil, it can also be used on your body and face. So, if like me and you forget your cleanser, having products which cater to more than one need such as this oil from Decleor are great for packing on the go. It saves space and most of all it ensures you aren't carrying too much you forget what you need.

Finally we have an oil blotting stick from benefit. If you are an oily/combination skinned gal like me than you are aware that you tend to go oily throughout the day after a couple of hours. Without room to pack your favourite loose or compact powder, blotting sheets or even blotting sticks like this one are perfect for on the go. Compact but enough product to last you a while, so again, in case of emergencies if you forget your cleanser like me, this is the perfect product for diminishing the shine on your skin whilst on the go to ensure your skin looks more refreshed.

What would you pack for last minute plans that you know you can't go home for? Any other products you would include?

Penny
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig